Garage Insulation in Fort Wayne & Elkhart, IN
Do you need to insulate your garage? If you live in Fort Wayne, Elkhart or a surrounding area in Indiana, let Momper Insulation put our years of experience to work for you! Our professionals install different insulation materials to help ensure your garage and home are as energy-efficient as possible.
Types of Garage Insulation Materials
- Spray foam: Typically made of polyurethane, spray foam is applied wet and expands into thick foam. Spray foam insulation can be installed in crevices and hard-to-reach areas and can help reduce air infiltration.
- Fiberglass: Available in batts or loose-fill form, fiberglass is made of natural ingredients like sand and recycled glass products, spun to create small strands of fiberglass. It’s a great choice for noise reduction. Loose-fill fiberglass is installed with a special blowing device, while batts are flat sheets that can be laid flat or installed in walls.
- Cellulose: Applied as loose-fill insulation, cellulose is made from recycled newsprint and other recycled paper, and it is a durable, cost-effective insulation material.
Whether you want to transform the seldom-used garage into a studio, insulate a newly built addition with a garage or have any other need, look to our experienced team.
Benefits of Insulating Your Garage
Insulating your garage can help:
- Lower home heating and cooling bills: You might not realize it, but if your attached garage isn’t insulated, you could be losing a lot of heat from your home in the winter. The opposite is true in the summer when heat from outside finds it easier to infiltrate your home (if the garage is not insulated). After all, living spaces are most often positioned directly above or beside the attached garage, meaning it’s important to keep the temperature in the garage as comfortable as possible for home energy savings.
- Improve comfort in the garage: Insulation is important for staying comfortable if you use the space for anything other than parking cars. The garage is a great place to work out, enjoy your hobbies or set up a home office, but these additional functions are only possible if the garage is insulated.
- Allow for heating and cooling: If you plan to condition the space, there are more benefits of insulating the garage. A space heater makes the garage comfortable even on chilly winter evenings, while a portable air conditioner cools the space on humid summer days. Garage insulation makes heating and cooling possible while providing substantial energy savings.
- Reduce outside noises: Sound control is particularly important if you live on a busy street or near a major intersection. If you spend lots of time in the garage, insulation helps reduce the noise coming from outside. If you have an attached garage, insulation even helps keep outdoor noises from entering the main living space.
- Enhance the interior space: You might not care what the garage looks like from the inside if you only store your car there, but if you use the space in another way, a more attractive interior may be a priority.
Momper Insulation installs various materials — from spray foam to fiberglass and more. We can help you determine the right insulation solution for your garage space.
FAQs About Garage Insulation
Do detached and attached garages need the same insulation?
Attached garages have the additional factor of potential heat transfer between your home and the garage, but otherwise, they need the same insulation as detached garages.
How much insulation do I need in my garage?
When it comes to insulation, think of your garage as a mini-house and insulate accordingly. Recommended R-values for walls and ceilings are the same for a garage as a house. In northern Indiana, it’s recommended that walls have an R-value between R-13 and R-15, and ceilings should have at least R-30.
Can I insulate my garage door?
Insulating a garage door is slightly different from insulating the garage’s walls and ceilings because there are weight limits and moving parts to consider. Some insulation types can be added to garage doors, but depending on your goals and the specifics of your garage, you might need to buy a pre-insulated garage door for true thermal protection. Your Momper Insulation technician can help you decide what will work best in your garage.
Garage Insulation Installation in the Fort Wayne & Elkhart Areas
Make Momper Insulation your go-to professionals if you need more insulation for your garage and/or home in northeastern Indiana. We offer the knowledge, experience and resources that few companies can match. No matter what insulation you need for your garage, you can rely on us for on-time, affordable installation.
To learn more or get a free estimate from our team, give us a call or contact us online!
We provide garage insulation in these areas:
Our service area is a 60 – 90 mile radius around Ft. Wayne, Indiana. It includes these areas: