Gutter Installer Position
This position is responsible for all aspects of gutter installation work including gutters, downspouts, elbows and gutter related products for both new construction and retrofit/existing structure projects.
Department: Branch Operations
Reports to: Branch Manager or Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Loads and logs materials onto truck and makes notation of returned materials
- Erects scaffolding or ladders
- Cuts gutter material to the size required
- Attaches gutter materials by installing spikes
- Maintains good housekeeping on job site
- Observes job site safety rules and know the location of MSDS packets in your vehicle
- Maintains tools and truck housekeeping
- Observes all driving safety rules at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license in the state employed
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in the construction industry preferred
- Ability to perform basic math skills
Gutter installers must be able to use common hand tools—snips, down spout crimps, end cap crimps, hacksaw, hammer, cordless hand drill, various hole punch tools, and caulk gun. He or she must also be able to read job instructions and record materials to work order. Must be able to drive a car, manage extension ladders up to 45 feet, work at heights and be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds frequently. Must also be able to stand for extended periods of time and bend, twist, and turn body at shoulders, waist and knees to handle and install gutters.
Work is performed outside; ability to adapt to extreme temperature ranges is preferred.