Commercial Estimator Position
This position is responsible for estimating bid opportunities and creating estimates for new commercial work, ensuring that pricing is accurate and within company guideline.
- Works closely with the division to gather customers specific needs, take-off of the product(s) and generating an estimate containing all customer requirements
- Verifies that estimate contains the correct products and quantities
- Recommends changes to the design and incorporates any changes requested by the customer
- Reviews the estimate with the sales team to ensure that data is accurate, that all components of the project are captured and properly charged
- Modifies the estimate per customer or sales manager requests
- Provides estimates on change orders for current projects
- Responds to customer and sales team questions concerning details on the estimate and/or design
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience in commercial estimating
- Prior quote or estimate creation experience
- Good computer skills
- Detail orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
Works in the office and out in the field. Must be able to walk through construction sites, up and down ladders or scaffolds.
Works both inside and outside.